Sunday, March 25, 2012

Huzzah Hobbies

I spent some time this weekend at one of my favorite hobby and game stores: Huzzah Hobbies in Ashburn, VA.  This is a great store, and each time I stop by, I always feel welcome and at home.  Huzzah Hobbies is a relatively new game store, and I admit when they first opened, I was concerned about anyone trying to open a brick-and-mortar store of this type.  However, the owner really knows his stuff, and he has gathered a great following.

Huzzah Hobbies

Unlike most hobby stores that are on the way out of business, Huzzah Hobbies is expanding to a larger store around the corner from their current location.

If you're in the Northern VA area and have an interest in boardgames, card games, historic miniatures, and other tabletop gaming, be sure to stop at the store.  There are tables in the back for getting in a game, and I've often been greeted by the players and offered a chance to join in.  I don't know if it's the area or the store, but most of the clients and gamers are nicer than the average crowd.

Huzzah Hobbies also carries the Winsor & Newton Series 7 brushes that I praised in an earlier post.  I picked mine up from the store recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment